Tuesday 5 February 2019

A Long Truthful Post



Hello everyone and first of all thank you all for your lovely comments on my last blog post .... I was thrilled that you all did comment... so thank you :)

This is a rose for you all... I know its a Valentine one but I don't have a Valentine in my life now so will give you all a rose .. :) 

I have been coping with the heat we get here but we are lucky in Mandurah as the sea breeze comes in and cools things down often. So its not too many days where we cook!!

I have been reflecting on some things lately and they just wont get out of my head so I thought if I write them down it might help me come to terms with these things that are bothering me.


First of all I just want you all to know, I was terribly hurt at the beginning of 2016 when life dealt me a raw deal... I was told to leave my life I was living with my then husband in Melbourne.
 I won't say exactly what was said but it was enough for me to say.. "Well its all over!!" So I organised a removalist and packed up my stuff and moved back to W.A. 
As I said I lived with  my son for a few months as I got the truck load of my stuff that cost over $6,000.00 moved to his place in Dumbleyung. I didn't get any help from anyone and its only because I got a bit of an inheritance that I was able to afford to move. I had to buy myself another car as the one I had in Melbourne was totalled by my FIL and originally I was going to drive it back to WA but after he smashed it up, I couldn't and therefor I had to fly back and also had to leave my little fur baby behind as she wouldn't have handled the flight over.  I wont say what I thought of my FIL then as it still stands today. Not Nice!!


Anyway I was not well at that time and those who went to LGS in Tassie would remember I was not well at all. I didn't join in on any thing much then cause I just couldn't and didn't want to embarrass myself by being sick everywhere. Then when I got home the shit hit the fan so to speak and I then had to pack up and move back to WA as an unwell person. 
It was just as well I got that inheritance as it helped me get my life back on track... Well I thought it was getting back on track...

I then talked with the ones who I was a part of in organizing the LGS weekends and told them that I couldn't make it to the Adelaide for the 2017 one as I was still unwell and I had a new fur baby and would encounter several expenses to get to it. I was shunned off big time and I mean "BIG' and I have not been spoken to since and was told that my design I had was not welcomed as I wont be there. 
I was planning on going to the next one in 2018 as I should have things on track by then but because I had backs turned on me I felt like I was not welcomed anymore. 
I used to get phone calls by one of the "Nutters" every week and after I told them all I couldn't go those phone calls stopped...Boom!! no more... the so called 'Sistas' in my life where I was told that they loved me and will be Sisters for ever just didn't speak to me again. One has and I am thankful that she isn't like the other two. 
I was deeply hurt and this blew me out of the water and I still am trying to work out how a Christian person can do this?? All I did was say I couldn't go to the
Adelaide LGS. 
Anyway I am sure a few of you go to these weekends away and I hope that you have a wonderful time there. Just don't believe all you are told until you get it from the horses mouth. (Mine)

The next chain of events are very disappointing as you think you have friends and you listen to all their woes and tribulations and show them empathy and such but when you confide in them when you are having a lousy time in life they run for the hills. A couple of so called friends have run away and wont explain why they have and so I wont wonder anymore as I now am a firm believer in this below.


I have a few lifetime friends but not many. I love them dearly.
So those who belong to LGS were a Reason...
The friends who I thought were my true friends were a Season. After awhile they ran away.... bye bye Seasons.... 
I am a Taurus and once I make a friend and let you in my life I expect to be your friend for a Lifetime. I used to get hurt very badly when those friends turned their backs on me but now I don't hurt anymore as I was a Reason in their lives. They needed to learn something from me. Once they did they had no need for me... Oh well.. bye bye Reasons :)

I am guessing many of you wont be able to handle all this truthfulness and will stop following me or be like the Reasons and Seasons. 
I am feeling better since I got this all written down and out there and I know I can now move on. 


I really need to move on. So I am gifting this to myself :)

If you are still with me I will show you some of the things I have been sewing...
Yes if I didn't sew I would be in jail... It keeps me sane.

Here are some quilts I have made and then quilted using my Q'nique 14+ longarm sewing machine... but will post more at a later date. Yes I brought it over with me...no way was I leaving that behind!!


This one below was a customer order...she supplied the fabrics and I made a quilt to her specifications and then quilted it.



This cushion below was designed for the Adelaide LGS but once I wasn't going I changed it to suit me with a different centre part. I love it and always have it out at Christmas time. 



My Q'nique set up at my sons house. He is the best installer :) actually he has installed it 4 times for me since I moved over. 
This quilt I love and was fabulous to sew together and quilt.


Anyway I will leave you for now and will show you more next time.

Hugs to all 


19 comments:

  1. Been there, done that Vicki! Hugs to you for 'keeping on keeping on'. Hopefully Karma will do its job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad that you have been betrayed by your in laws and then friends. I am glad that you are moving on, it's the best gift that you can give yourself ... Regrettably I know this from experience. Hopefully you will be able to get to the guilds in Perth and meet some new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely feel for you!! I too have given my all to a supposed friendship only to find out it was for what I could supply give what have you instead of true friendship. I’m a cancer and we feel too much with all our being and I’ve been devastated more than once by “true” friends. I’m very choosy now who I let in. I’ve found I like me best when I’m alone and not having to deal with people . You keep being you , a good true friend will happen and if not for a while keep quilting sewing gardening and being happy with your new life and your very own perfect self!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nothing wrong with sharing your truth every now and then, it can help for you to acknowledge hurts and then move on.... TAke care. Great you have your quilting.. it's my dream to have a longarm.....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see you back Vicki and taking charge of your life with your beautiful fur babies. I enjoyed seeing your lovely projects xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. And it's just as well you will always have me, no matter what. I love you so so much not just because you are truly the best Mum but because you are a beautiful soul. I'm so happy you finally got better and now have true friends and you are happier. It broke my heart to see you so upset after Melbourne. And I'm so grateful you are living close to me, you are my best friend and my hero, I am lost without you! Love you Mumsy xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lucky you are to have the beautiful Zoei, what a lovely comment she has left.
    I am so sorry that you have been through so much - I followed you through your move but had no idea what else was going on in your life. For every one good friend there are plenty more out there who disappear when times get hard - I am glad that you have a loving family and a few good friends. Good luck for your future and I look forward to seeing more of you here and on Instagram. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Vicki - so sad...but I can see you are now putting it behind you. There is a lot of solace in sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Vicky.
    What a crazy few years. Well done for letting yorself express your feelings so you can let it go.
    Love your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! ZoeI said it all . I am so sorry for all that went on in your life. I love that you are sewing again now. And blogging.πŸ’šπŸ’šLiz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Most people come and go in our live sand they all teach us a little something...mostly its how not to treat people or it can teach us what we dont want in our lives...I have always followed you from a far and dont comment very often actually rarely...but congrats to u and your new start and never apologise for being you xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your a trouper and a survivor Viki in more ways that one, stay true to yourself its the only way forward. We have only become acquainted in recent years but i sure hope we remain friend for many years to come. xox hugs pennyshilling

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think many of us can relate to what you have gone through...when my mother passed away, my sister sued me to prove that I hadn't taken any of my mother's money. (My mother didn't have any money to speak of and lived in an assisted living which was rapidly depleating her funds.) This particular sister lived in another state and in the 3 1/2 years my husband and I took care of my mother, she only flew out to visit once overnight and left with my mother's engagement ring. Anyway, of course, I hadn't taken money from my mother and had, in fact, paid for all her diabetic syringes, manicures, permanents, etc. My point in telling you this is that even family can turn their backs on you. Sometimes you just have to remove yourself from the situation and it sounds as if you've done that. Hope the coming year will bring you much happiness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You now understand the pain that was dished out to me when I was called a liar, was then shunned by almost all and then blocked from all future Facebook pages relating to the group. It has taken me time and still saddens me but now I protect myself by never ever putting myself in the same situation where unless I have plenty of witnesses to back up requests and actions. I continue moving forward as that's the way I'm going, looking back does me no good at all.
    Move forward Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Vicki ... I came to your site by accident as I was looking through my old blog. I am sorry to read your troubles but ... and there is always a but ... you came out the other side and YES, you still have sewing. A sanity inducing pastime if there ever was one.
    I am now in Perth; long story but my other half is in care for Alzheimers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Vicki its good for you to get it all out,to keep all that hurt inside you would make you sick again.
    I am glad that you are on the right track now and feeling much better and its nice that you are closer to your children for visit's now.
    You are a lovely designer i love seeing the beautiful things that you design,take care Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Vicki,
    I can relate to what you went through with your Marriage breakup and being betrayed by friends. I am on my 2nd Marriage and I am a lot happier. You eventually find out who your true friends are in the end as you have found out.
    A true friend sticks by you and will not betray you. It is hard to go through but I think you come out as a stronger person.
    You make and design beautiful sewing items. I cannot see why your design was not wanted for the LGS. Great to see that you are moving on, it is not easy but you will get there.
    You are very lucky to have Zoei. Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love you Vicki.. our paths may never cross again unless you do a road trip which is sad but I hope you continue to heal and enjoy your new life πŸ’–πŸ’–

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Vicki, I too came across this quite by accident, as I have sort of given up on fabric, you sure have a lot happening that is not as good as it could be. So in short all I can say is Hugs.......

    ReplyDelete