Tuesday 16 June 2009

A beautiful Milk Urn

Here I have a beautiful Milk Urn. I think that's what its called. Its 24 inches high and is 45 inches around the base. It has a lid and is unpainted.  I don't have any more use for it and was going to paint it after I got it sandblasted. That was when I was right into Folk Art and Decorative painting. Now its in my way and if anyone wants to buy it then email me and we can discuss you purchasing it. I am in Bulleen Victoria and it will have to be picked up.

001   Its very solid too. You don't see them often with a lid so this one is a rare one.

 

Hugs To All :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki,
    Wow, that milk can looks in mint condition.
    I've painted a few of these over the years, which are sitting out under my pergola and one at my Sisters house.
    I'll put the word out.
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish..... I would clean it up a little but essentially keep it as is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki
    Thanks for thinking of me, I have one outside our backdoor awaiting my attention - I quite like the rustic versions - although there's no reason you couldn't leave the background natural and paint something straight on
    I do know of someone who sells at our markets that maybe interested, I'll let him know you have this one - I do know they are getting hard to come across.

    Thanks again

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that would make a perfect letterbox out the front of our house!

    ReplyDelete