Friday 22 April 2016

Splendid Sampler




By now I'm sure you know... Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson are running the biggest star-studded quilt-along ever and it's called The Splendid Sampler.
They invited 82 friends to help design -- There are 100 blocks -- Two block patterns are released each week -- They're all free until next year (Feb 2017) when they'll be put together in a book -- And the coolest part?  Pat and Jane asked me to join the design team and today's my day to show you my block!



I love nature and when Pat and Jane asked me to design my block
based on my love then a nature stitchery just had to be created.
There are ladybugs and a butterfly which I truly love and the
flowers are of course there for them to drink the nectar.
Such a sweet and pretty embroidery block, right?  
Use the back-stitch, satin-stitch, or whatever you like.  
I made the design with the intention of spending a few nights
stitching as I love sitting at night after my day as its a great wind
down for me. Just take one stitch at a time :)  
  Using two-strand embroidery floss, and if you use Aurifil Ne12
then only the one strand.
I love using Aurifil threads and they are my most favourite to use.


The one above is using Traditional fabrics and this one below is
using bright fabrics. To give you an idea that any colour is perfect.

I ended up putting my blocks into a Zippy Pouch


Doesn't it look gorjuss?? 
Love these pouches as they are so handy for lots of things.


You can get the free pattern for the embroidered quilt block on the Splendid Sampler homepage by clicking the link below.
I encourage you to have fun with this pattern and enjoy making it "your own".  (I love seeing what people are doing with the "quilt".)  Happy stitching!
See you along The Splendid Sampler!
Hugs to all


9 comments:

  1. I haven't made this one yet, Vicki, I'm a bit behind with them. I love the addition of embroidery and think your block is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Vicki for being part of our Splendid Sampler, I really am in awe of your beautiful work!! Big Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have been meaning to write and tell you how much I love your block Vicki! I am looking forward to stitching it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Vicki,
    I was wondering if it would be ok to suggest the layout of Nature's Walk for our new community garden sign in my little town of Willits. I think this design would be so beautiful and representative of nature.

    Barbara Carlon
    zibergirl.com
    baechtel12 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your site very beautiful and distinguished too. Thank you for your good work and continue.

    voyance gratuite

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your block is lovely Vicki, heading off to find those Aurifil threads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicki, this is such a pretty block! Your stitching is beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete

  8. Merci pour cet article très complet encore une fois

    voyance gratuite

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, this was a very good post. Taking the time and actual effort to generate a great article… but what can I say… I hesitate
    a lot and never seem to get anything done.

    ReplyDelete