Monday 25 January 2016


Hello and Summer is scooting along nicely...not too many hot days and lots of nice warm ones.
Hope you are enjoying your time you spend outside.
 
I want to tell you about a very exciting venture in the quilting world..
Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson got together and have come up with an amazing venture...and they asked me to be a part of it all...
 
I am very excited about this as it means the block that I designed and stitched will be among the 83 designers who are giving their free blocks in this year long sew along project.
 
It's called..
 
The Splendid Sampler
When Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson invited me to be one of the 83 designers contributing to their brilliant 2016 sew along project, The Splendid Sampler, I was over the moon and so thrilled and how could I not participate?
I loved designing and stitching my block and I can't wait to show you all.
(Mine is out on April 21st)
Next year it will be in The Splendid Sampler book that Pat and Jane have organised to have printed. Wow!!
 Over a year there will be 100 free blocks shared with a mix of patchwork, embroidery, applique and paper piecing.  The first block will be shared with you all on February 14th 2016...and so pop on over and have a read about it all ... just click the picture below and it will take you to where Pat and Jane have explained it all.
If you are on Facebook ..go here and join the group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSplendidSampler/ 
Just click the picture to pop on over and have a read all about this very exciting venture.
http://www.thesplendidsampler.com/
I cant wait to see your blocks
 
Hugs to all
 
  

4 comments:

  1. There's been so much hype - I just want block 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news.I have chosen my fabrics and hope to play along with the other challenge I joined.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful block, Vicki, just arrived at 7am on April 21st in rainy Michigan!

    ReplyDelete