Saturday 27 November 2010

A bit of Christmas Magic…….

This quilt is designed by Kim Diehl and its called Christmas Magic, and is in her book the ‘Simple Seasons’ – I love this book and I love this quilt….. I have finally finished it.
Snowman Quilt (4)
I had it professionally quilted by Nat from ‘The Quilting Bug’ a while ago and all that needed doing to it was sewing all the buttons onto it. Red buttons for the berries and black buttons on the snowmen.
Here’s some of Nat’s fantastic quilting.
Lovely swirly swishes all around the border….
Snowman Quilt
Luscious leaves in the corners…….
Snowman Quilt (2)
Even fabulous Stars placed here and there…amazing!
Snowman Quilt (3)
Snowman Quilt (5)
More luscious swirls……….
Snowman Quilt (6)
Snowman Quilt (7)
So this is another quilt I can have out for the Christmas season. Tra la la la lahhhhh!
MCj03871550000[1]PresentPresentPresentMCj03871550000[1]
There are a few of Kim’s quilts in her book that I want to make so it looks like I am going to have a busy year next year.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have been busy with these
Mug Rugs for Gumnut girls (2) (Medium)
but I can’t show you what they are tho as they are Christmas presents.
Mug Rugs for Gumnut girls (3) (Medium)
Still a bit of Christmas sewing to do and its not far away ……eeeek!
Thanks so much to the lovely ladies who told me that my PayPal was behaving itself. I appreciate you doing that for me. The price of the postage for the Charm Squares is calculated into the price ……I couldn’t work it out any other way. One day I will be an expert at it all.
Hope you are all having a fabulous weekend.
hugs to all……..Vicki ReinDeer

30 comments:

  1. I'd be singing too Vicki if I had just finished such a beautiful Christmas quilt! I love it and the quilting is fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful, love it. I took a class from Kim, but still haven't finished my quilt. I love her books. Your quilt is certainly an heirloom keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Vicki that quilt is breathtaking - I'd have to keep it up all year! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is beautiful Vicki.Can't wait to see what the Chrissy surprises turn out to be....will have to be patient I guess lol :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki, I just love Kims designs and I just love your quilt. I have a picture of the version I did on my blog - but I fudged it slightly and made it a wee bit larger.
    Keep on sewing, your doing great stuff.
    hugs
    Miche'le

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is gorgeous. Love the snowmen and the berries. Great colours and beautiful quilting.
    It will look lovely at Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vic, I am so glad you finished the quilt and are showing it off!! What a beautiful job you have done with it!! I remember how much you loved this pattern. :-)
    Hugs
    Jen
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely quilt and lovely quilting.
    I am sewing on the binding of my Christmas Blues that Nat quilted and I called in and saw the bestie machine the other day.
    I am aiming to finish the Christmas dresden...very very soon. In fact the lack of my favorite TV programs may be a bonus tonight

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicki your Chrissy quilt is absolutely GAWJUS!!! How wonderfully festive :o) ... and the quilting is stunning too. What a great job you've done on it. I love it :o)!!
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Questo quilt è meraviglioso...lo adoro!!!!
    BRAVA... la quiltatura è eccezzionale..
    un bacio
    cri

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have wanted to make Kim's Snowman quilt ever since the book came out. Just haven't found time with all the other "want to makes" I have done. Yours turned out very good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This work is wonderful congratulations
    kisses and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute X-mas quilt. Love it and the quilting is perfect.
    hugs from Brazil - Ivani

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful quilt Vicki, just the thing to get you into the Christmas spirit!. I love Kim Diehl's work the more I see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vicki, that quilt is just beautiful!!! You have done a fantastic job, has so has Nat! No wonder you are so happy with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a darling Christmas quilt! Love all the little buttons you sewed on. The quilting is lovely. Years of enjoyment are in that beautiful piece! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely quilt! I just ordered the book...must make one for me! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sweet pattern...I'll have to look up that book locally.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Vicki, that quilt is just beautiful. The colours are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another lovely quilt Vicki! Hopefully I will see it in real life oneday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely beautiful Vicki, love it...
    The quilting just finishes it off beautifully..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is one sweet Christmas quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is a wonderful Chritsmas pattern and beutifully finished.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh how pretty is your quilt Vicki:) Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous!!! Gorgeous!! Beautiful!! I love Kim Diehl's books & patterns too. I just received her new book for my birthday - Welcome Wagon Yo Yo Quilt is at the top of my "To Do List". You did such wonderful work on you quilt - thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely beautiful well done for finishing it in time for your xmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an absolutely STUNNING quilt, Vicki! Love it! Especially love your colours - gawjus!!

    Hugs sweetie!!
    Vikki xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete