Thursday 15 March 2012

Lots of excitement at Tassie

Yes we had lots of laughs and excitement and it was so good to catch up with some really lovely friends. Tassie is a really lovely place and very pretty. I think I could live there one day.

Our Stitching In Tassie day was a fabulous day with 21 of us all joining in on this laughter and there was lots of new techniques to learn. We all had a blast!

There was 6 of us who showed 15 ladies these new techniques and shared lots of laughs.

This is us 6 tutors.

Helen Stubbins Fee Ransley Jo Chandler Vicki Tucek Dawn Hay Joy Coey (1) (Medium)

Helen, Fee, Jo, me, Dawn and Joy. Fee has lots of pics to show more of what we all got up to over the weekend.

This is my table I had set up with my projects and patterns…

my stall (2) (Medium)

I released a new pattern for all the ladies ……A lovely table centre mat and its called

Around & Around We Go.

for pattern

We went to a fabulous bakery shop and had morning tea in between shopping at quilt shops…..I just had to have this delectable cake…..oh it was just the yummiest!

Morning tea (Medium)

When we come out we discovered a little shop right next door….. I just couldn’t resist this very cute little green with white spots birdie.

spotted hen

and this little green chook…..They both had to come home with me….

green chook

We are going to have it in Adelaide next year so keep an eye on Dawn’s blog for dates so you can plan for it.

Hugs to all……

vickinametag1

14 comments:

  1. looks like you all had a great time vicki...glad you enjoyed..maybe next time???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was an awesome weekend. Love your new pattern and those little birdies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great time. Thank you for teaching us a new technique I will be enjoy making more of them. Great pattern also that you have designed. Can't wait to get started on that one either. So looking forward to Adelaide. We must keep in touch. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all look so happy together! Love the bird and chook ... was it a coincidence they are both shades of green?
    The table centre is gorgeous Vicki:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new pattern Vicki, I will be making it. Gorgeous little birds - that was an amazing little shop. It was an awesome weekend.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh you all look sew darn hppy..gret shot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like everyone had a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pic of all you lovely tutors, Vicki. :)
    That cake looks so delish, and I love the little birds, especially the spotted one. :)
    Think I recognize the doiley too. ;)
    I must try for Adelaide next year, all being well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks absolutely marvelous, Vicki, I love the little treasures that followed you home, and the project you designed is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great weekend was had by all. I love your new design table topper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really looks like s special time was had by all. Love your new pattern and your little birds are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You all look so happy! I had no doubt at all that you would have such a wonderful time. LOve the birdie and the chook. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  13. and I've been searching in the hope of finding a Swell Jelly roll, but so far no luck :-( I'll have to make the topper from something else

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you had a great time in Tassie, Vicki. Take care. Hugs from Donna from Brissie who at the moment is in Wellington, NZ. PS: Have had a lovely time looking at the NZ theme fabric and talking quilting with my cousin who is the president of Kapiti Coast Quilters.

    ReplyDelete