Thursday 12 January 2012

Free Motion Quilting sample

I really like machine quilting on most of my quilts and table runners and even my bags. I have done heaps of Stitch in the Ditch, stippling, rows and meanderings of machine quilting and felt the need to explore a bit more. I have done a few with swirls and found these to be a bit different to do but wanted something more. There is a challenge by SewCalGal and I have signed up for it.

The first month is with Frances Moore and she shows how to do a flowing leaf design. This is on Utube and it was great to watch and I really found it easy and enjoyable to do and did it all over a table runner I wanted to quilt.

DPP_0002 (Large)

You can see it if you squint your eyes….lol.

I have put the FMQ Challenge button on the side of my blog and it takes you to the challenge. I look forward to the next one :)

Hugs to all…….

vickinametag2

12 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki your leaf's look good to me I can see them easily enough .
    Hugs Mary.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done and I didn't have to squint to see them either.
    Thanks for the link will pop over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job - that still scares me, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great, Vicki. I must set aside a day to have a try at this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I have been drawing these leaves, but haven't tried it on the machine yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The leaves look great Vicki!! I think I might pop on over and check out that blog site,, see if my funny shapes improve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the leaves go sew well with the fabircs ...... great jobin your sample

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW that gorgeous Vicki. I have joined the challnege as I really need to improve my FMQ. I had trouble finding the tutorial for this month though.

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. Precioso el trabajo. Felicidades

    Beautiful work. Congratulations
    Mamen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks really nice Vicki. I am still trying new ways to FMQ. It is fun once you get going.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great. Is it all online or did you do a class???

    ReplyDelete