Tuesday 4 October 2011

Naming my blog......


Dawn is having a fun little link up and she has asked us how we got our blog names.
A few have asked me how I came up with the name of The Pickledish Patch.
I really loved a shop somewhere in the world that I came across called The Pickled Mouse. I loved it and would have loved to have called my blog that name but you can't call your blog by someone else's name. So what to call mine...It was Tozz's Corner as most of you know who have been following me since way back when and it was time to move away from Tozz.
Trying to think what I wanted to call my blog was really quite hard and Pickle kept coming into my head.
One day I was looking at different quilting blocks and a block came to me that was called a Pickledish block....Aha....perfect! Now to connect it to quilting and sewing etc and so The Pickledish Patch came about. The patch bit is because this is my little patch of the world. *grin* Of course I have my store with the same name too.
So how did you decide on a name for your blog? Go over to Dawn's blog and link up with her linky thingy and who knows....you might even win a charm pack as she is giving one away for having fun. How awesome is Dawn? Tell her how awesome she is too while you are there :)
hugs to all......
                                                                   
                                                                  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

11 comments:

  1. Love your Pickledish Patch Vicki!!!!
    Love n hugs,
    Joy :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the name of your blog....and was nice to hear how you came upon it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so interesting finding out how blog names are given. Pickledish Patch has a certain ring to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoying finding out the reasons behind the names. So varied just like the individuals who gave them life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is an absolutely great NAME... PICKLEDISH PATCH! I love it...

    hugzzz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tasteful name for a tasteful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Dawn's idea and had to play too! I love your name Vicki, and how you came up with it. I love the way it rolls off the tongue - it's fun to say!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember when your were " Tozz's Corner"
    But think Pickledish Patch is nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Pickledish name and the Pickledish block! Great name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun story about deciding on your name! And, I'm so grateful that we all get to enjoy your little "patch" of the world :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore your name. I love it when people come up with really 'different' things!

    ReplyDelete