Friday 1 July 2011

Some playing around and a new baby girl.

I got some of that laminated fabric and decided to do some doily's with it. I didn't want just plain edged ones and felt the need to do some crocheting…so

new doily (1) (Small)

I got some cottons and decided the dark pink one would look nice first. I will use the other colours soon.

DPP_0002 (Medium)

Just a simple double crocheted edge after sewing blanket stitch all the way around.

DPP_0004 (Medium)

I am pleased with it and have enough of the fabric to do more with the other colour cottons crocheted on. Something different and nice.

I have also made a few crocheted flowers. They are a bit loose and I need to use a smaller crochet hook to get a tighter tension. But they are easy to do and fun.

DPP_0005 (Medium)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the moment I have snuggled up on my lap our new baby girl. I got her a couple of days ago and she has been to the vet for her immunisation needles and next trip there she will get her micro chip and more immunisation needles.

DPP_0008

But isn't she gorgeous? Now you know why I couldn't resist. Her name is Bella and I think she is going to be a spoilt little girl. *grin* She is white all over except her ears which are a champagne colour. She is a Shiatsu/Maltese and so little.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Plus its the 1st of June here so that means Block number 7 for my Out Of The Box BOM.

7 Blocks Seven

Download it HERE.

I love strawberries and snails have always intrigued me with how they carry their house on their backs. And little mice I love them too with their little ears sticking up and ladybugs are a favourite too. I put the strawberries there for them all to have a little munch on hehehe.

Don't forget Dawn has hers available to download too. I went thru all the ones on Flickr yesterday and was delighted to see everyone's and how you all done yours. They all look so good.

I tried to put blocks 6 on my sidebar but for some reason I can’t add to it. I will get it sorted out soon. Plus I put my blocks in the Flickr group and they aren't showing today. Oh well! All this techno problems.

I hope you enjoy sewing my Out Of The Box BOM and I look forward to seeing yours done. Have fun!

hugs to all………

vickinametag1

24 comments:

  1. Bella is so cute. Can see why she came to live at your house.
    Your doily looks good - that is a great idea.
    Hugs, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bella is adorable! I bet she will be spoilt :)
    What a great idea with the doily. It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't she adorable? I hope you have lots of fun with your new little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bella looks so adorable and cuddly...I am sure she will bring you loads of delight Vicki...The doily turned out so nice...I just love crochet edging...
    Out of the Box 7 wow...looks great and I love the snail...except the snails in my garden are eating all my new shoots...aarggghhh.... but your fella is lovely and nice...
    Hugs Dawn x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bella is a sweet heart you just want to pick her up and cuddle her ,could you send her to my house :-).PLEASE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww Vicki Bella is adorable. Sh looks so cute sitting there like that. Great idea with the doily. Another beautiful block for Out Of The Box. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bella is such a little heart stealer! She is gorgeous:)
    I love the snail and mouse Vicki ... why do we like mice in pictures etc but dislike them in the house!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have come up with some lovely lovely items....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe...Bella is so sweet! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Vic she is gorgeous !!!!! My Toby is a Shitzu X Maltese and is white with apricot ears - They might be cousins???? I can't wait to watch her grow up - Just what you needed sweetie :)

    Hugs - Fee xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing this beatiful pattern 7 with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I'm totally in love with your sweet little Bella .... how could anyone resist that adorable little face ;o)??? I showed Bear and she's smitten too lol.
    Love all your crocheting ... that's a gawjus doily, what a great idea!!!
    Love n hugs,
    Joy :o) xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. such pretty crochet.. and such cute puppy.....
    hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bella is so adorably huggable! I'd sure spoil her if she was mine :) I enjoy thread crochet, too. I like edgings on pillowcases!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bella is adorable, Vicki! What a precious new 'baby' in the family. :-)
    Hugs
    Jen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have made such lovely things. I keep meaning to try a crocheted edge on something but have yet to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE your doily and flowers Vicki, I crochet but not that small! Beautiful! And Bella - oh my - Vicki, she's adorable, I just want to pick her up and hug her! Give her a kiss from "Auntie Allie", lol! What a sweetie. No, she won't be spoiled...not a bit...

    I love your block, such adorable little critters - I too love snails, and would carry my house around with me if I could! Thank you sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH Bella is just so cute.
    Love the new block too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. ohhhh goodness me..she is not sew adorable downright...lickable lol happy mummy you are..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Vicki Bella is soooooo cute. Suze my friend that owns the quilt shop just got one too all black . Her Gr kids named it Malti.
    I get to play with her when I go to the shop...Makes me want a dog again. So cuddly too.
    Love the crochet idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your blocks are lovely Vicki. I'm finally up to date so will have to get onto month 7 straight away!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bella is the sweetest and looks just like my little Pippi did when she was a baby. I've also got a maltese/fox terrier called Bella. Dogs are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lov ethe dog. Gorgeous name. Your crocheting is lovely. Looks great as an edging and the littl flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete