Friday 10 June 2011

Simple Things Quilt Along

quilt along logo

How exciting!!!! Kelly of Charming Chatter and Carol of Brown Quilts have got together and come up with two beautiful quilts and are hosting a quilt along for anyone who wants to join in. I am and I love both quilts that they have designed and made and it really was a hard decision to come up with as to which one I would make.

This is Kelly’s

6a011168a24766970c015432e7520a970c-500wi

and this is Carol’s

Carols quilt (Small)

In the end I decided to make Kelly’s design as it will be the perfect size for me at the moment. Later on I might make Carol’s and I know it will be a wonderful quilt to have and treasure for ever.

This is the fabric I have chosen to do mine with.

Fabric for quiltalong

I am going to use Summer Breeze By Sentimental Studios and of course gorgeous white homespun and I have yet to get some Red Dot Fabric and will get that very soon as I want to start to cut this out as Kelly has put up the cutting instructions now.

I am going to be busy over the weekend cutting and measuring and having lots of fun. Thanks Kelly and Carol.

Hugs to all….

. vickinametag2

6 comments:

  1. I want to do this quilt along but I just don't have the time. Your quilt is going to be lovely with the fabrics you're using! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    I love the colours your've chosen.
    Bright and breezy!
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Creative hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I LOVE the fabric you've chosen- it's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful Vicki ..it's going to be lovely in those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilts, Vicki. You are going to enjoy making one of them. :0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fabrics you've chosen Vicki. I love both the quilts, I can't wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete